05 April 2010

Sunny 3 Speed

beautiful brown three speed bike
This classy three speed bike made me smile. I love the white sidewalls on the tires, the beautifully broken-in Brooks saddle. For necessary modern upgrades we have the Continental Kool Stop brake pads and the Planet Bike blinkie, both of which I enjoy on my own bike (more on that soon).

vintage basket on a 3 speed
Those worn cork grips complement the brown frame perfectly, and Grant "Beausage" Petersen would certainly approve. The Crane bell is the perfect touch, of course, and I can't neglect the vintage basket. Everything is perfect.

classy three speed bike
Since starting this blog I've learned to appreciate many subtle things about old 3-speed bikes (painted fender stays? check!) This one has them all. Perfect.

6 comments:

nelsong said...

I can't be sure, but I think you jsut blogged my sister's bike...

MamaVee said...

nice, however am I the only one checking out the PINK TRIKE behind it?

LOVE! Even though those basket trikes ride a bit funky although the one I tried was perhaps a bit old and wonky...

Nil said...

The world is small ;)

nelsong said...

It is her bike! And just so you know, the basket is brand new. Peterboro Baskets from REI.

She Rides a Bike said...

The the perfect classic bike. I love the vintage basket.

iam.mai said...

yes, the basket is not vintage. you can find it here:

http://www.rei.com/product/784458?preferredSku=7844580014&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-7844580014&mr:trackingCode=0040B1FE-FB85-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA\

and its great, it comes in different sizes as well :)