30 July 2010

Chic Cyclists in Bologna, Italy

My globe-trotting friend E sent these in for your viewing pleasure.

This image certainly fits my idea of a contemporary Italian woman.

cute girl on a bike
This lady looks content as she quickly gets wherever she's going. It must be nice to be on the plaza and avoiding traffic!

lady of a certain age on a bike
Love this blonde's bi-color bike, do you suppose she's an artist or an architect? What else might those rolls of paper be used for?

girlfriends with a bike in Italy
E was right, the use of green here is clearly a personal statement. I love the man in the skinny jeans in the background, giving my friend a curious look.

green bike, trailer, and outfit

5 comments:

ECS said...

whenever I send you photos I always am curious to see what details you noticed vs what I saw when taking the photo. I didn't even see the multicolored bicycle on the one with the two girls!

Unknown said...

I have to say, there is just something about a European woman on a bicycle.

She Rides a Bike said...

Apparently, you also wonder about the complete strangers we run into when we're out and about. I would be curious about the rolled paper as well and prefer to assume she is a watercolorist. Sometimes, when I see a stranger repeatedly on my route or someplace where I often go I find myself making up an identity for that person. I was certain a distinguished older gentleman at the Downtown Y in Louisville was either a retired classics prof or a retired state court justice. Eventually, I had a conversation with him and discovered he was neither, though still distinguished and very learned.

MELI. said...

love the nonchalantness of it all :D

insideprocyling said...

Wow, love that bi-colored bike! I really love my single speed 29′er Se Racing Stout! Fully rigid and single speed, not because its cool, but because I truly love the simplicity of it. Its a huge bike and when I’m tearing through tight single track on those huge wheels at 25psi, I feel unstoppable!


By the way, come and join us on
September 2010 Cycling Tours in September with Inside ProCycling Tours


Experience the great scenery of Italy on September for the 2010 Cycling Tour. Ride and enjoy Italy!


This would be totally exciting!